I started the other day with a happy dance. Jenny from My Garden surprised me with news that she had nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger award. It is exciting, humbling, and special to have a fellow blogger encourage a newbie blogger like me!!
Thank you Jenny!! Please check out her blog, My Garden ~ a Kiwi’s take on life, to get acquainted with her love for nature, flowers, environmental preservation, family life, writing, and about life in New Zealand. I hope you enjoy her writings as much as I do.
Below are my responses to Jenny’s questions:
- Who inspires you and why?
I’ve thought long and hard about this question and had difficulty naming just one person. Then it occurred to me that people who inspire you change through different seasons of life. In my current life season, my kids’ enthusiasm and general wonder about the world show me that life is an exciting adventure. They can’t wait for morning because that means more play; me on the other hand, I can’t wait for night so I can stop playing and can sleep instead.
2. Where is the most relaxing place you have been?
My couch on a sunny afternoon with my kids and husband napping.
3. What song/ music puts you in a good mood?
Contemporary Christian music, especially Toby Mac and Jasmine Murray!
4. What kind of weather do you like the most?
Sunny with mild warmth and a nice cool breeze.
5. Do you have a favorite quote you like to share?
So many!! But if I had to choose one, it would have to Henry David Thoreau who inspires me with his boundless love for nature, simplistic living, and solitude.
“I love a broad margin to my life.”
- Quaint Revival
- Running Ruminations
- Stella Tarakson
- The Diary of a Country Bumpkin
- What is your favorite thing to do on the weekends?
- What is one thing you like about yourself and why?
- How do you stay motivated to blog?
- What’s the best advice you got?
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate new blogs to receive the award and write them new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
I hope my nominees get a chance to respond to my questions! I would love to hear your interesting answers. Thanks everyone!!