As my kids are getting older, their music tastes constantly change. We go back and forth from listening to their favored pop music to Christian songs. I like their music too but my preference is contemporary Christian music. It depends on our moods.
Occasionally they’ll switch to Minecraft YouTubers who remix songs to new lyrics made into the Minecraft theme. ahhhhhhhh! Too much video games and block style characters.
This song is not connected to Minecraft but it’s a good song to hear when you need motivation to move: “We’ll meet again” by The FatRat.
Still, we come back to our favorite radio station: Klove (Christian radio network).
We recommend 5 songs that will help deepen your faith through the storms of life:
- “Amadeo” Still My God by Ryan Stevenson. When I first the title of this song, it took me back to the movie “Amadeus” about Mozart. I eventually learned the word Amadeo is a Latin derivative meaning “lover of God.” Click on the link to read what the artist says about the song.
- “Yes I will” by Vertical Worship This song is about choosing to praise God in the lowest valley’s of life and believing that God is working all things out.
- “Let it rain” by Crowder. The music has a happy beat that puts you in a good mood. Makes you want to dance. Song about letting God’s will prevail; lyrics pose questions that are relatable for everyone. (I’m not articulating it well, but I hope you’ll check it out.)
- “21 years” by Toby Mac. This song isn’t usually played on Klove (don’t know why), but you can hear and see the music video on YouTube. Toby Mac wrote this song after his eldest son, Truett McKeehan, suddenly passed in October 2019. He was 21 years old. Lyrics are powerful, personal, grieving yet confident of seeing his son again in heaven.
- “Unstoppable God” by Sanctus Real This band has a special place in my heart. I first learned about Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome from the story of Matt Hammitt’s, the original lead singer of this band, son (Bowen) born with this congenital heart defect. I didn’t know that a few years later Ellis would be born with the same condition. Bowen’s story has inspired and encouraged me immensely.
I hope you’ll listen to one or all of these songs and get uplifted! Stay well and happy.
Categories: Christian songs/ faith
Welcome to my blog! My name is Esther and I'm so happy you are here. I'm an avid nature photographer and a daydreaming thinker. My posts revolve around photos of nature's beauty, homeschooling adventures with my 2 kids, sporadic reflections on my child's heart condition, Bible reading reflections, gardening feats, and other mish mash things. Hopefully you'll leave encouraged, pensive, or smiling at the simple things of life. Thank you for stopping by and hope you'll find some interesting posts to read!